Joseph D. New Jersey

Global Warming Exists

Countless studies show that climate change is real, but 30% of our country doesn't.

Dear President-elect Trump,

My name is Joseph DeRosa and I live in Sewaren New Jersey. According to several studies about climate change’s effect on the ocean my town of Sewaren will be underwater in the next 50-100 years. Your home state of New York will even be impacted. I know that there are many other issues America is facing, but we can't argue about those issues if we don't have a planet. Global warming isn’t just a problem facing Americans but the whole world. Before we can start taking action our country has to acknowledge that global warming exists. Over the 20th century the global temperatures rose 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit. The United States of America is one of the greatest countries in the world. If we were to do something about climate change it would cause other countries to join in our cause. We can lead by example. Our country needs to inform the public that climate change is real. A 2013 peer reviewed study found that global warming over the past 100 years has proceeded at a rate faster than at any time in the past 11,300 years. We can’t go back on our promises. Our country has to live up to the Paris Agreement. Global warming will have additional far reaching effects on the planet. Warming modifies rainfall patterns, amplifies coastal erosion, lengthens the growing season in some regions, melts ice caps and glaciers, and altars the range of infectious diseases.