Gurveer Massachusetts

Animal Cruelty

Animals face harsh and cruel acts around the world from humans, leading to death, and even extinction, and is up you, as the new president of the U.S, to protect the rights of these animals……..

Dear Madam or Mr. President,

Hello Mr. President! One of the most crucial and concerning issues in the U.S today I will be addresing to you is, animal rights! For years, animals have suffered on the hands of humans. Species have been rippped away from their natural habitats, and thousands are brought in and forced into testings for the whole ambition of human survival. We live and breath our own rights in the U.S, and if they were ever stolen from our reaches by the goverment or authority of any kind, we would implore and battle for our liberty. The same rights we constantly stand for should apply to the animals we continually harm and kill, We have no consideration for the lives of animals when we consistently perform unjustified and unmoral practices on them. No matter the size or importance of the animal, they are still living creatures, and be treated with the same respect. This topic is important to me since I do not want the amazing species in the world to go extinct, as I want the next generations to share the same experiences I had with the amazing animals that currently roam the earth.

Many basic rights of animals are reasonable and rightful, but are being violated in various ways. A handful of cosmetic establishments use animal testings as an alternative to test if the products are safe enough to use for their customers. According to the official website of PETA, numerous companies that sell selfcare products such as “Almay, Aquafresh, AveenoCaress, ChapStick, Clean & Clear, Coppertone, Dove, Johnson & Johnson, Kiehl” use this process as a way to ensure the product is not harmful. There is no moral justification for this, as we should not employ, harm and kill animals to satisfy our various needs for basic things, such as toothpaste. Furthermore, animals, specificly farm animals, are raised and handled in cruel ways. Being described by the ASPCA, a non profit organization fighting against animal cruelty, harsh and brutal actions are being inflicted on the farm animals by workers. To name a few, this includes, “Indoor confinement with poor air quality and unnatural light patterns. Inability to engage in natural behaviors, Breeding for fast growth or high yields of meat, milk and eggs that compromises animal welfare, Neglect of sick and suffering animals, often due to high ratio of animals to workers. …” Animals on industrial farms, which focuses signficantly on efficiency and profit, should be kept in healthy conditions, and not have animals be unaturaly raised by farmers. Not only does unsanitary conditions kill the farm animals, but also produce diseases such as Salmonella, that could also be passed on to humans through the the meat.

I believe that you, as our next leader, should begin to develop and establish the basic rights for animals. This includes the restriction of many cruel acts that we impose. I think that animal testings should be outlawed, as a number of animals suffer from this practice. We may be helping the human race excel by finding cures for destructive diseases, but at a critical cost, as thousands of animals loose there lives. I also think breeding and raising farm animals, such as chickens, cows, pigs (etc) should be required to have proper living conditions and have it be essential for workers to have better capabilities to care for the creatures. Money should not be top priority in industrial farms, and the animals should not be neglected and be left suffering all for the sake of profit. Additionally , many zoos do not have proper living spaces for its creatures. The surroundings are altered from their original habitats, and most of the time animals are stuck in cages. Many die due to an improper environment, and is something that should be mandatory in all zoos to prevent death of species. As the new president, I hope you take this issue into consideration.

Gurveer Singh

Baker ELA

Yellow

Letters to the Next President