Carter S. Illinois

The U.S.A Immigration Plan

The situation of immigration is at a high but we need to know how we should approach it and realize what consequences could come our action to control illegal immigration. We should not provoke other nations along with people who came here legally but rid those who came illegally.

Dear Mr. Trump,

Before illegal immigration becoming a major concern in America developed, there have been many who have been able to get by our security around America which should not be allowed to do. A way to do this effectively would be to find a sort of compromise without provoking Mexicans within our nation or more importantly our neighbor Mexico’s border as for many Americans would not want to be part of a war that we have committed. Mexicans, Muslims and other races coming into our borders seems to be becoming a problem that will affect America’s future in your point of view but not all those people that have immigrated to America are illegal or bad people. Even if they are illegal they most likely aren't rapists or commit many crimes, that's just assumption and that is a natural human way of thinking that's bad. You won’t know them personally and how they feel about a situation or something occurring in their home country or family which is why you shouldn't cause brute force against it as it will cause more problems in American society.

America was created by men who wanted to be free from England's control and soon after we became a country as many would put it a “paradise” for being immigration friendly country. Alongside with our jobs, community and safety within our borders which is why we've become the central immigration destination for many. IN order to complete this border security he proposed a wall “Mexico will pay for the wall” as he said on his site which will cause problems. The effect of this action that continues to this day is more and more come to America making up a large majority of the population. Although this can be a great thing as it gives the nation a positive outlook, your point stands to be a necessary action to limit those who come by figuring out their background and to see if they've done anything to not be able to be a citizen. Alongside the fact to give those who are true citizens jobs but that doesn't mean kick those out who aren't “true” citizens, it means create more jobs. Security for illegal immigrants wasn't the biggest issue of the 1900’s as everyone had their part in society. Due to this more and more have taken advantage of this but only looking at the background of immigrants home country as a whole or individuals well known in that specific country shouldn't leave you to believe that anyone from that race is bad, or rapist, terrorists or illegal. That's just being lazy and that has a negative outlook upon America.

We’ve let our country be the home of the free for a reason, to give hope to those who can’t have hope somewhere else, and by kicking out those who came looking for that freedom and hope shouldn't be taken out by a select individuals who you don’t know of and those who were born in America from parents who immigrated here. Although it may seem like an issue to be addressed immediately, which it is, you need to think about all the outcomes that can come from your choice of actions which would affect, views on America, the american society and those who were exiled from here could become the next bigger problem. And that would be due to the actions of not well thought through decisions by you and the Senate. We trust you to keep our nation secure and safe while allowing those who need hope to receive it.

Sincerely, Carter Schiedemeyer   

Metea Valley High School

Metea Valley Sophomore English

All sophomore students at Metea Valley High School wrote letters to President-Elect Trump, voicing their issues on ideas that are important to them. These letters were part of a three-week project, where we learned about rhetorical situation; types of claims; types of evidence; and embedding quotes.