jaely Pennsylvania

underage drinking

dear future president ill like you to make a few changes

My name is Jaely Peralta and i live and go to school in Philadelphia. I attended to Olney Charter High School for 3 years so I’m in 11th grade close to graduating. I’ve seen some deleterious things happen to student that I was very close with because they were drinking impetuously not thinking they had to drive home after. My topic is about teens dying and underage drinking and how to keep them safe. My essay is gonna have my experience i know with my brother and the facts i have about underage teen dying.

This paragraph gonna be about my brother getting in a car crash drunk driving with his girlfriend. This indecent happened two years ago when my brother was 19 years old and his girlfriend was 20 years old. They were at a party drinking with my family members I think it was just a little get together. My brother and my sister in law were both drinking, but my brother was more drunk and my brother was being impetuous not realizing when he drives drunk bad things happen. He was driving really fast he didn't think he was at the time but once he took his eyes off the road to grab something on the floor he drove right into a big pole. My brother and my sister in law were injured ,more my brother, his girlfriend got bruises but my brother had a broken arm. The cops didn't came they put him a cell for 48 hours. Well, after he was out he was charged for underage drunk driving and still til this day he has pay for the fine. Overall, this story is to show that drinking and driving isn't cool and not fun when you actually get hurt. Also, if you see someone in that state you should call them a cab,let them stay, make them drink water or have the rest.

This second paragraph is about me, the writer, making you, the reader, be in my shoes. So imagine having to hear one of your close family members got in a crash in the middle of the night. To find out it was all because they had alcohol in their system. Now who is their to blame the person drinking and driving or the person who gave them the drink and let them drive in that state? To sum up my thoughts about underage drinking and driving is who is the one to blame for it.

For someone who has to see their own brother get in trouble by the law and get injured from the car crash is really hurtful to see that, but who is to stop teens from drinking no one until they get hurt or get caught by the cops and either way it's not good. They will only learn after that hopefully, i think they should have someone to check on them like making sure they making the right choices cause if not they will do it again. I know that cause my stupid brother got caught drinking and driving again and he got a DUI, which he had before, but since he did it again the judge did not show no mercy and made sure my brother paid for it. I really think teens should at least pick yourself up after they get in trouble for drinking and driving or just drinking regardless because i know no one in the streets or some family members gonna stop them from getting drunk.

Additionally a lot of people actually die from it not just get hurt. To support my answer at (http://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/impaired_driving/impaired-drv_factsheet.html) it says that “ In 2014 9,967 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.” Another evidence from the same website and it says “Of the 209 child passengers ages 14 and younger who died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes in 2014, over half (116) were riding in the vehicle with the alcohol-impaired driver”. But in first evidence shows how many people died in 2014 most them were in traffic but others were from people being drunk.The second evidence shows that people will drunk and drive with kids in the car not care because people are so proud to not show that their drunk and believe that they can still drive in that state.

Overall, this topic is important to me because i seen what happened to my brother and what he went through so I don't want it to happen to anyone else. You the president should start caring about this because is your job to make sure to american stay good. Another thing is to make sure people are not dying or getting in trouble from alcohol, in all is to keep people safe. So a solution we can do is whoever get caught drinking underage is to be in rehab or have a parole officer with them for a year, after they finish their year they still have to meet with someone every year to check up on them. So president our future should have less people dying and less underage teen drinking.