Kate S. Florida

Immigration

A major problem that is occurring in the United States, yet no one has been able to figure out a solution.

As a student living in a very diverse area of Florida you would think we are equal in the matter that we live, breathe, contribute and have settled in the same place with no absolute problem. I am a student at Alonzo and Tracy Mourning Senior High and I believe immigration is a topic that must be talked about everyday to figure out a solution on why we all can't have the same equal opportunities when we all have stepped foot on the very same land that is suppose to give you " Freedom".

Many families from different countries have been migrating to America for many years now, and with their migration to America they believe they will have freedom once they have arrived, but in reality it's not like that at all.  My question to you is how will you make it simpler for immigrants to become naturalized citizens of the United States? How can you make it more fair for the immigrants who struggle on getting their citizenship? How can you make it less challenging for people who want to come here but can't get a green-card? 

Changes must be done on why it is so difficult for other people to come to the United States. As you become the next President of the United States, I believe Immigration should be the very first task you take on. Families shouldn't have to worry on if they're going to be reported for being an illegal immigrant or worrying about why must they be treated differently if they contribute the same or more to this country. 

People should understand that we wouldn't have so much diversity in parts of this country if it wasn't for the many people who have struggled to come here yet are so open to contribute their ways and culture to this country.

As the next President of the United States i hope you take this very well known problem and provide a solution that will be fair and tolerable for not only the immigrants but for their families and the people have struggled.

Kate Santamaria

Mourning Senior High School

Hoover Period #2

Honors Gov. Letters to the next president