Alex F. Ohio

No Ban On Firearms

Guns play a role in citizens lives everyday from protection, hunting, and sport; therefore, putting a ban on guns will remove the right to bear arms.

Dear Future President:

The idea for gun control will not solve the violence between groups of people involving guns. The recent events have made people push to ban guns. People who see all guns bad are the ones who have the biggest impact. The idea of gun control needs to change because it will not fix what is happening. “Guns don’t kill people, people do” (“Guns don’t kill people”). It’s the people that create this problem. not the guns. “The real challenge is going to be getting law-abiding citizens access to it” (“Gun Control And Gun Rights”). No one is going to give up their guns easily. This is going to create a bigger issue in the long run.

Also some may say that guns definitely need to be taken away to stop the violence. I agree. Guns need to be controlled as far as who can access them, and they need to be kept away from the people who are criminals, but they shouldn’t take them away from everyone. “Fall into the hands of criminals who use them for unlawful purposes.” The wrong people can end up with a firearm but taking them away will prevent people who enjoy and need their firearms, “Millions of Americans own guns and use them legally for protection, hunting, and sport” (Gun Control). Hunting and the enjoyment of using firearms would be taken away from us. I personally know many people who feel the same about this situation and believe it would absolutely be the wrong decision to take away citizens' guns.

It is clear that there has been many issues with guns but that shouldn’t take them away from the good guys. Without a doubt there needs to be more regulations on who may purchase a gun. To improve the problem our next President should put in place a deeper background check prior to buying a gun.

In conclusion, guns in the US should not be banned; it would create a bigger problem than it already is today. People need to realize that guns aren’t the problem, it’s the people with the guns that create the problem. Thank you for reading my letter.

Alex Fulton

Oak Hills High School

Biser's 4th bell (English III)

10th & 11th grade students in 4th bell