Jason Iowa

Immigration In the U.S

I think that the southern border should be more secure, but I also think that immigrants should be given more opportunities in the U.S.

I think that the southern border should be more secure, but I also think that immigrants should be given more opportunities in the U.S. Most immigrants that enter the U.S, come for refuge. Most immigrants coming into the U.S are coming from the south. Building the “Wall” which Mr.Trump plans on building would be helpful, but many human smugglers are using tunnels to bring immigrants to the U.S. About 11.3 million immigrants enter the U.S yearly with half of them being Mexicans.

Some towns all over the U.S have gone anti-immigrants because of frustration over illegal immigration. Some people think immigrants that come into the U.S affect the employment and productivity that affects legal citizens in the U.S. There is an often debated problem whether immigrants are beneficial to the U.S economy. Some people think that immigrants provide a cheap and flexible supply of low-skilled work that results in low prices for services and goods. Others think that they take away jobs from legal citizens. Many citizens think that the majority of immigrants are hard workers and in a search for better life. Reasons why people agree that immigrants should get deported is because they take away jobs from American workers, threaten homeland security, and are involved in crime. Many people claim that illegal immigrants in the U.S do jobs that others won’t do, they’re willing to work for a low wage and make billions of dollars in tax revenue.

Jason