Nathan W. California

A Small Debt of $19,806,239,858,606.04

Fix our colossal amount of debt.

Two years from 1835 to 1837 is how long the US has been debt free. We are now in more debt than we can possibly imagine paying off as long as the sun is still burning. However we can take lessons on how to lower our debt from the person who originally freed us of our debt, Andrew Jackson. What Andrew Jackson did to lower our debt is to halt most of our spending. For example we can cut back on our military budget and lower it from 597 billion to something more reasonable like 275 billion putting us still above all other countries in military budget and we have an extra couple hundred billion dollars to spend on something like NASA. 

After we cut back on spending it's time for step two: Finding a Good Source of Money. Andrew Jackson used the large amount of land in the west as the income source. What I propose we do is start funding NASA even more so we can send machines and rovers up to Mars to farm the massive amounts of oil on the surface. If there is oil on the surface there's bound to be more in the ground. 

So my point here is, we can't progress as a nation with this burden weighing us down constantly. We must take back on our spending and instead of borrowing more money for things we don't currently need, we have the excess money sent to something that we can make a profit from, with the necessary materials and funding.

Thank You,

Nathan