Christopher m. Georgia

Abort Abortion

Abortion must stop!

Approximately 4 million pregnancies occur each year nationwide. Forty percent are unintended and about 750,000 end in induced abortion. Induced abortion is a big problem. Induced abortion is a deliberate termination of a baby that is still in the womb. In my opinion induced abortion is murder.

I am a Christian who strongly believes in God and God says murder is wrong. Most induced abortions are due to unintended pregnancies that tend to come from teens. If the teen is going to have sex, they need to understand the consequence is possible parenthood. One of the most common reasons to have an induced abortion is to postpone childbearing to a more suitable time. If teens are not ready to become parents, then they shouldn’t be having sex. If giving birth to the child is an extreme health risk then that could be a possible exception, but it depends on how extreme. My thought is it should only be allowed if childbirth would kill the mother.

If abortion is not available more women may resort to unsafe abortion than do now. But again, they should have had more self-control plus birth control could allow you to avoid unwanted pregnancies. Women also have induced abortions based on the sex of the baby. Sonography and amniocentesis allow parents to determine sex before childbirth. The development of this technology has led to sex-selective abortion, or the termination of a fetus based on sex. The selective termination of a female fetus is most common. It should not matter what sex the baby is, they should love and want it either way, they shouldn’t kill it.

We must stop induced abortions. My mom has said that she doesn’t know anyone who hasn’t regretted having an abortion. Perhaps you could make a strong recommendation to have teens start birth control at a certain age. You could also make our sexual education classes better and more detailed. Maybe have a teenage mother come to the class and explain how hard it is to be a mother and go to school. Again, we must stop abortion. Please take this into consideration and add it to the things that must be done with the country. Thank you for taking the time to read this letter.

Christopher Masters