V Massachusetts

Cancer issues

This essay is about the development of Cancer and how it needs to be cured.

Cancer

Dear Future President, Cancer is a very important issue in this world that affects a lot of people. Not only does it affect the patient but it also affects their family and friends. There is no cure for Cancer and as a future president, I feel there is a need for you to do something about it. I know that you can go through chemo and try to fight it but it is not guaranteed to work. A few months ago my Mom went through chemo and it did work and we were lucky. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work for everyone. I know finding the cure for Cancer isn’t something you find out overnight and scientist have been trying to find a cure for years but this is a very important issue that needs to be solved.

A few problems of Cancer are that there is no cure, it gives people lots of pain and they feel very alone and scared. Matthew Zachary is a guy who is now 39 years old who was diagnosed with Brain Cancer in 1995. When Matthew found out he had Cancer he felt very alone and didn’t know who to talk to. When he found out he survived he decided to create an organization called “stupid cancer”. This organization is to help Cancer patients not feel alone and scared. Organizations like this help, but do not solve the problem. There needs to be a cure for Cancer and it needs to happen fast.

Cancer is a disease caused by an uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in a part of the body. According to a video I watched on PBS, Cancer kills 1 in every 4 Americans. That is a lot. I am writing this article to show how much I care. A lot of my family members suffered from Cancer, my Uncle and Grandfather died from it. When I was younger I thought Cancer was just a sickness. It is more than that. It may cause you a lot of pain and it will put you through a lot but there is one thing that will help you get through it. Witch is hope. So I hope that as the future president you will do something about this and make a difference.