jasmine g. Missouri

"Aliens are still humans"

A Mexican immigrant's life is hard. They come to the United States to live a better life with or without papers, but Americans decide to deport immigrants just because they do not have papers. We are all humans we should be allowed to be united.

Dear Mr. or Madam President,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        I am a freshman student that is worried about immigration. Immigration  has been a big subject and I am concerned, many don’t really take the time to read about the subject just because it has already been talked about a lot, but  please take the time and read my story about immigration.

Many Mexican immigrants are being called murderers, drug dealers and rapists. But in reality, many Mexicans are not violent criminals . Mexican immigrants are here to work, to be able to provide for their families and to be able to live the “American Dream” and have a better life. Immigrants should be allowed to stay in the United States because many are just here to be able to work. My uncle, a very close man to my family, came to the United States because he was unable to find a job in Mexico. He really needed a job to be able to provide for his mother who was in need of medical help. He knew he was taking a risk crossing the border without papers, but he had to do it for his reasons. Now he is still here working hard to keep paying for his mother's medical bills. What I’m basically trying to say is that Mexican immigrants come to the United States to be able to work, but why are Americans allowed to deport immigrants just because they do not have the same “papers” as Americans do.

Immigrants who come to the United States to live a better life, to provide for their families. Immigrants work hard for the little money they get in return, but once an immigrant is caught with no papers they get deported but why? They didn’t do anything wrong all they were just trying to do is get to work to provide for their families. As The Huffington post states on his article "19 Reasons Latin Americans Come To The U.S. That Have Nothing To Do With The American Dream" , ”The conventional wisdom says that most Latin American migrants who come to the United States are looking for a better life, inspired by the “American Dream.” And it’s hard to deny that there’s a lot of truth in that.But there’s another side to the story — people leave Latin America because life there can be very hard. Poverty, political instability and recurring financial crises often conspire to make Latin American life more challenging than in the U.S., a wealthy country with lots of job opportunities.” Basically what the article is trying to say is that the U.S has many opportunities for Mexican immigrants, that's why many people just like my uncle come to the United States. This is why I am stating that Mexican immigrants should be allowed to stay in the United States because they are not here to cause trouble all they want to do is be able to live the “American Dream”.  Thank you for reading.

Jasmine

Frontier STEM High School

9C

The best third block class in the world. Yessir.