Aly H. Missouri

"Do you Want to Beat Someone Up?"

If we all work together as one nation, then we can start to put a stop to violence.

Dear Mr. or Madam President,

I am a freshman in high school who is looking forward to seeing how you will justly impact the nation and make people safe.

People become victims of violence even if they do nothing wrong. The abuser simply harms them without a reason, and doesn’t seem to care. The victim is too scared to put a stop to the abuse, so they just let it happen. If we all work together as one nation, then we can start to put an end to the violence. Some schools have anti-bullying programs. A lot of students join, and bullying doesn’t happen as often. They scare the bully into hiding to make the school safer. This makes the harm decrease, and makes students feel more secure in the learning environment. Basically, if enough people join together in a program to stop violence, then we will be able to scare the “bullies” off. This of course will only work if we can persuade the victims into coming forward, but it will add more of the nation into the program. Essentially, we will be making a giant anti-bullying program.

I hope she seeks help

Because she has felt pain

I hope she ends up okay

Because she has been betrayed

We need to help everyone who was affected by violence as soon as we can. According to http://domesticviolencestatistics.org/domestic-violence-statistics/, “Every 9 seconds in the US a woman is assaulted or beaten.” This website shows further proof that we need to make a stand now. Why let all those women go through the torment? In fact, while reading this letter, one to two women were/are probably being beaten already. We might not know who the victims are, but if we don’t put a stop to this now, someone that we care about, or even ourselves could be next. In other words, every second we waste doing whatever it is that we want to do, is another second closer to yet another woman being mistreated. 

Thank you for taking your time to contemplate "how can we start to put a stop to violence".

Alyson

Frontier STEM High School

9C

The best third block class in the world. Yessir.