Riley T. Wisconsin

LGBT Rights

Should we treat LGBT community equal? Yes we should everyone is born equal.

Dear Future President

Even though the LGBT community is getting more rights as time goes on there is still a lot more we can do to help them feel equal. Everyone is born different but should be treated equal and the leaders of society should help others realize that.

One reason I think LGBT communities should be equal is because everyone is born in their own skins and they can't change themselves.  According to ProCon.Org Gay marriage became protected by the U.S Constitution, On June 26 2015,which was a big step forward in history. Being protected by the U.S Constitution made these communities feel welcomed and feel like they could be themselves. As time moves on LGBT people are becoming more accepted and now it's a citizen's right to be gay, lesbian, bi, and transsexual.

Another reason I think LGBT communities should be more equal is because gay marriage is actually very healthy compared to what people think. ProCon.Org says “There is no difference between same sex couples and opiset sex couples,” this to me means that there is no difference between any types of relationships love is love and gender dose not matter. It is actually proven that children raised by same sec couples score 6% higher than the general population on measures of general health and family cohesion. Its is also said that legalizing gay marriage will never harm the institution of marriage.

Lastly the reason I think LGBT communities should be equal is because Society today mostly teens makes it seem not socially acceptable to be a LGBT. What the states and representatives of some states are providing being gay as a bad thing which is horrible because it shows the younger generation that it's okay to judge people on something they can't change. It is shown that the suicide among gays and lesbians is three times more than the normal opposite sex teen. I feel very strongly that you can't change who you are and that this generation is getting better at accepting lesbians and gays but there is still a lot of work to be done.

After reading this I would like to leave with an impression on you that you should never judge someone on something they can't change. Everyone is born different and society should realize and accept that. Finally I would like to ask would you judge a lesbian, gay, bi or transsexual?

-Riley T