Logan Koceja Wisconsin

Standardized Tests

Schools across the country require standardized tests, such as the SAT's, and they aren't helpful for students.

Dear Future President, please get rid of standardized tests. 

Teachers and students across the country are against standardized tests and want common core again. 66% of people are even against the education system and it's tests. Standardized tests even hurt kids' learning. U.S. kids went from 18'th in the world in math to 27'th because of these tests. A 2001 study by the Brookings Institution says 50-80% of standardized test scores were temporary and "had nothing to do with long-term changes in learning."

Standardized tests really stress kids out. Parents have gone against these tests when their kids cried and vomited because they were so nervous. Tests even rob kids of recess to prepare for them.

Standardized tests also don't test a lot of important things. Late researcher Gerald W. Bracey says they cannot measure "creativity, critical thinking, resilience, motivation, persistence, curiosity, endurance, reliability, enthusiasm, empathy, self-awareness, self-discipline, leadership, civic-mindedness, courage, compassion, resourcefulness, sense of beauty, sense of wonder, honesty, integrity." They barely even test knowledge.

Future President, for the sake of kids across America, please fix the education system by getting rid of standardized tests.      

De Pere Middle School

Kleveno Block 1

This group is for students in Block 1.