Betzaida C. California

Saving the Oceans

Every year there is an excessive amount of trash in our oceans. Every year there is also an amount of dead animals, from too much trash in the oceans and seas.

I am from Watsonville, California . I'm worried about the animals in the wild oceans and seas . The oceans are in danger because of the trash that people throw on the oceans. Every year there's a amount of animals dying in the oceans and sea . For example Approximately 1 million seabirds that die from plastic. Half of the people dumped trash and it affects the animals and the ocean but many people don't realize what happens . The oceans are super dirty there not clean we should stop dumping trash and clean our oceans.

According to http://oceancrusaders.org/ "It is now believed that there are 5.25 trillion pieces of plastic debris in the ocean. Of that mass, 269,000 tons float on the surface, while some four billion plastic microfibers per square kilometer litter the deep sea. The floods in Bangladesh in 1988 & 1998 were made more severe because plastic bags clogged drains. The government has now banned plastic bags."Fulcrums glaciales contained 0.1g plastic in their stomach. 

I think that the issue of saving oceans is importing because we have to save the animals that live in the oceans otherwise we are not going to have fishes so, then the sharks are going to go hungry and then there is not going to be the much population of  sea animals. I hope that the next president helps us with saving the oceans.