Mason H. North Carolina

Marriage law

This letter is about how I feel about Homosexuals being married and how the government treated the people that apposed it.

Letter to the President

Congratulations on being elected as President for the 2016 presidential race. Everyone has the right to view controversial subjects differently. I personally view marriage to be between a man and a woman. The somewhat recently passed law that gives homosexuals the right to marry within genders created a big problem within the nation, as some states did not agree. In the beginning, some people that issued marriage licenses didn't do it for homosexuals because they didn't support this right and this got them arrested. This is unfair in my opinion because the government should not be able to arrest some just because of their opinion, it is a free country for a reason and people have the right to express their opinions and they shouldn't have to worry about the government. It may make people mad that this law was passed, but I think the law being passed has done more bad than good, it has started people protesting in large groups for both sides of this law and this can endanger them and the people around them.

There is also an issue of a minister refusing to marry two people of the same gender. I think that if the minister refuses that it is perfectly fine, because if they do not support the decision of homosexuals getting married, then they should not be the person that marries them. When the law was passed there was a lot more push back then there is now, as we have all gotten used to the idea. Some things take time to get used to.

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter and consider my opinion. What I'm trying to say is that i don't agree with how the new marriage law where homosexuals can get married, and the way the government treated the people that did not support.