Will A. North Carolina

If you have any kind of a strong opinion on gun control, read my letter.

My name is Will and I would like to share with you what I think about the issue of gun control. Also, I would like to make some recommendations as to what you should do regarding gun control. A little bit about myself, I am 16 years old, and I have been handling guns since I was somewhere between 8-9 years old, I have never suffered an injury because of a gun, and I spend much of my time around them. I believe that we should not have any further restrictions or background checks for purchasing a firearm.

The only thing that is evident to me, that gun control does, is make it more difficult for responsible, law abiding gun owners or operators to purchase a gun. I feel the current regulation on guns is absolutely substantial enough to prevent criminals or people who intend to harm others, from obtaining a firearm. So what seems to be the most logical and reasonable course of action, is to protect the rights of free Americans, and maintain the freedom that was established during the creation of our country. Because with every attempt to restrict gun ownership, and restrict gun access, is an attempt to restrict freedom. Did our forefathers fight the revolutionary war so that we could lose our freedom? Everyone has the right to exercise their freedom, whether it be the freedom to drive a car, the freedom to own a business, the freedom to buy a house, or the freedom to buy a gun. “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed” is Amendment 2 of the American constitution.

The Constitution is essentially a list of rights that can not be stolen from us. Which is exactly what gun control is, it is larceny of rights. So as someone that cannot vote, and cannot have a say on important topics, I’m relying on you to make the right decision. I hope I have made my point clear thus far, and it is only logical that you preserve the access and availability of firearms to responsible, law abiding citizens of the United States.

Thank you for reading.