Adam D. Wisconsin

Should the Death Penalty be Legal?

Death Penalty

These are the reasons why I think that the death penalty  should not be legal. My reasons are that it is not 100% accurate all the time, it is not right for the government to take another person's life, and it sometimes can be racist.

My first reason is that it is not 100% accurate. I think this because there have been 20 cases were people have been put on death row and were close to death, but they were called back due to DNA evidence. This is also not good because there could've been many other cases where the jury was wrong.

My second reason is that it is not human for the government to take another person's life. I know that the person sentenced to death row probably killed someone or multiple people, but still it is not right. Death sentences have been declined 75% since the mid 1990s this is a good sign because there is less cases than when it peaked.

Another reason is that it can be racist sometimes. For example, if someone was African-american or Hispanic some jury would want to give them the death sentence. 63% of whites favor the penalty, 34% of blacks favor it and 45% of hispanics favor it this shows that there cultures believe that the death penalty is not good.

In conclusion, I believe that the death penalty is not good and we should ban it unless there is exact DNA evidence or if they know that they committed a massacre. 

De Pere Middle School

Kleveno Block 3

This group is for students in Block 3.