Nakyla T. Idaho

Air Pollution

The United States needs to conserve energy so that Pollution does not get any worse.

Air Pollution is the biggest problem in the world! Air Pollution can have causes and it can have effects. It can be the reason why some people die. Pollution has always been there and nobody is doing anything about it. That’s when my opinion comes in. The U.S needs to pay more attention to pollution.

Air pollution is a form of pollution where the harmful substances go into the atmosphere; the atmosphere is one of our most important elements to sustain life. These harmful substances are called air pollutants and they are: carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide,and nitrogen oxide.

Air pollution can get really bad. How bad you may ask, let me tell you. Poor air quality has long been linked to lung and heart problems, including coronary artery disease, emphysema, respiratory infections, stroke, and cancer. It also is especially dangerous for pregnant women, as it can contribute to birth defects.

According to the website Cleaner and Greener, air pollution is created from the burning of fossil fuels, such as coal, oil, natural gas, and gasoline to produce electricity and power our vehicles. Carbon dioxide (CO2) is a good indicator of how much fossil fuel is burned and how much of other pollutants are emitted as a result.

It’s obvious that the counter argument is that air pollution is not everybody’s fault. Air pollution is caused by the people who burn fossil fuels, and oil, and forest fires. Not by the people who just sit home and do nothing.

As you can see, air pollution is a serious problem that people in the United States needs to pay more attention to. As a result to all this, the United States need to pay more attention to what they put in the air. Thanks for reading this, and I hope you do everything in your power to help the Earth.

Sincerely, NT

East Junior High

Period Seven

Period 7 letters