Braden H. Michigan

Immigration in the United States.

My views on immigration.

In order to have a good country you have to have a good leader, hopefully that is you. You have to handle immigration in a proper way. Immigration is a major problem in the U.S. so you have to fix it. Illegal immigration can not continue. There are many things that you can do, hopefully you will do all the right things.

The first thing you need to do is control the Mexican border. Many people are coming into the U.S. illegally to escape their not so good life in Mexico. We have to stop this problem. We have to strengthen security at the border and set up more guards. There are about 4,139 guards at the border, we need at least 5,000 guards. These are all good, but putting up a wall and making them pay for it may not be the best idea.

All the children coming and starting a life illegally needs a solution. We have to find a way to either deport them properly, or find a way to have them live here and make a positive contribution to society. If they are living here illegally we have to make it so they are legal. We have to have everyone of them documented so we know how many are here, who they are, and what they are doing.

I think increasing the number of immigrants in the U.S. could cause major problems. It could cause a lack of jobs if we have too many people here. If all these people are living here illegally, we don’t even know who they are and what they are cable of. So at some point we have to limit the number of immigrants coming in.

In conclusion immigration is a problem that needs a solution. I'm hoping that you are the right person for the job. Help us with this immigration problem.

Sincerely, Braden Hessbrook

Ithaca Junior High School

Social Studies 8 - 4th Hour

This site is for students in 8th Grade Social Studies at Ithaca Junior High, specifically 4th Hour.