Chance R. Michigan

Dear Future President

I think there are a lot of issues in the united states. But one of the biggest problems in this country is immigration. There are over 11 million illegal immigrants . Hopefully you do the right thing and control this issue but still be fair. This problem has to be taken care of because it has gotten to bad and we have to finally take control.

One thing you have to think about is what you’re gonna do with the kids that have been brought here when they were little and didn’t have a choice to not come here. They’re still illegal but I don’t think you should make them go back to where they came from. They didn’t have a choice to come here it was their parents. Also I don’t think you should rip them apart from their families. It would break their hearts. Imagine if you were in their position, what would you want?

One thing people are really worried about is the people coming here illegally that are dangerous. Some of them are criminals and definitely are dangerous but not all of them are. Some of them are just trying to take care of their families. I think that there should be background checks on all the illegal immigrants and if they have a criminal record they should be deported. That would put me at ease and I think a lot of other people would be more comfortable too.

The way you two plan to keep immigrants out are totally different. I like things from both Hilary and Trump. I like how Trump is cracking down on the immigrants coming here by not giving them an illegal way in. But I like how Hillary is giving the immigrants that are already here a chance to stay and make a living in the U.S. I think that the illegal immigrants are gonna have to worry a lot if Trump is elected president.

That is all I think about immigration and what I think should be done. Hopefully you take some thought about all that I’ve said in this letter. I feel like this huge problem on immigration is about to get a whole lot smaller if the next president takes all the right steps.

Chance Risner

Ithaca Junior High School

Social Studies 8 - 4th Hour

This site is for students in 8th Grade Social Studies at Ithaca Junior High, specifically 4th Hour.