Derek L. California

Giant Pandas

The giant pandas that live on this planet are nearing extinction. We need your help to stop their extinction.

I’m writing because I’m concerned about the giant pandas becoming extinct. There are only about 1900 giant pandas left existing in the world and that number is quickly decreasing. I urge you to fix this problem by spreading awareness about this situation and helping to build more reserves to keep them save.

The giant pandas are becoming extinct as time passes and destroying the panda’s habitats is not helping at all. An article from WWF (World Wildlife Fund) states that, “A large proportion of the panda's habitat has already been lost: logged for timber and fuel wood, or cleared for agriculture and infrastructure to meet the needs of the area's booming population.” Clearing the forest is one of the biggest reasons that the giant pandas are in the state they are in now.

A solution to this problem that you can help with is creating new safe houses for the pandas. An article from WWF states that, “Creating new reserves and linking up existing panda populations are key to the species' future.” You as the president can help with the process by contributing to the reserves and helping to locate the rest of the giant pandas that still remain in the wild as well as spreading awareness about this cause.

The fate of the pandas rest on everyone's shoulders, so please help raise awareness to everyone before all the pandas that we all know and love go away. A quote by Claire Deaton states that, “When they are all gone, When every life has been stolen, How will you remember them? Extinction is forever.” We don’t want to forget these animals, and we especially don’t want to lose another species from this world. If everyone helps contribute to this cause I know that we will be able to save these adorable creatures from going extinct forever.

Derek Luu

"Problems." Threats. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Oct. 2016.

By Spending Countless Hours Monitoring and Researching, They Have Been Able to Develop an Accurate Picture of the Panda's Population Status and Current Threats, and Formulate Effective Measures That Have Reversed the Panda's Decline. "Solutions." WWF Conserves Our Planet, Habitats, & Species like the Panda & Tiger. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Oct. 2016.

Owner, By. "Yin Yang Fish and Bird." By Project13productions on DeviantArt. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Oct. 2016.

Bernal Intermediate

Mrs. Fresh's Freshest Class

We are the leaders of tomorrow and we care. We have astonishing points of view on society and the challenges we need to deal with. We are one of few 8th grade classes who are writing, talking and standing up for our cause whether it be discrimination or corruption we have no fear, we will stand!. We are very passionate about our issues even though we can't vote. We still have a voice and want to be heard!