Eric N. Idaho

Gun An Argument

I believe that guns should not be taken away from people who have been good citizens; although, there should be more strict background check for purchasing a legal gun.

Dear, Future President.

Some people think that guns are so bad that they need to be taken away completely even though the 2nd amendment states every american has a right to a gun, on the other hand some think that everyone should have a RPG strapped to their backs. I believe we should allow citizens who have no major violence to have a protective weapon or two and have very strict background checks. I believe that guns should not be taken away from people who have been good citizens; although, there should be more strict background check for purchasing a legal gun.

One of the reasons I believe that we should not ban guns is because the 2nd amendment states, β€œ A well regulated militia, being the best security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed . And I think than we as well as everyone who is a good citizen should have that right to bear arms at home.

Some of the causes for this issue is people using guns for violent crimes there are infinite ammount of scenarios where guns have been used in crimes. Robberies are one the most type of crime used with guns, because a person breaks in that person steals, stuff house owner comes down the owner gets shot so person can get away. That is only one, Homicides, killer dislikes person killer finds killer waits to ambush killer kills person.

The effects are not so great, people protest to take away guns even though those people generally don't own a gun so they want everyone to be like them, gunless. The protesters don't think like people with guns do they think we need protection if our lives are in danger.

In conclusion I have shown why I think we should not ban guns because banning guns would make people hate you so please don’t.

Sincerely

Eric N.

East Junior High

Period Eight

Period 8 Letters