Andrew Y. Wisconsin

Racism

Racism is separating the country, does not support what America is known for, people are at disadvantages because of race, and has caused many violent rallies.

Racism in the United states is a problem that needs to be solved, so that our country can be reunited and live in peace and harmony. Throughout America's history racism has always been a pretty big problem. In the 1990's the racism charts were a lot lower, but now the charts seem to slowly start to rise. I don't want to live in a country that labels me at a disadvantage because of my race.

People are at a disadvantage because of their race. Today blacks are less confident of police helping them. It is true that our country will never be able to become racism free, but it would be nice to live in a country where there is little to no racism. Anything that has to do with politics blacks seem to have a slight disadvantage. Approximately only 4 in every 10 Americans other than blacks support black lives matter. About 4 out of 10 blacks say that their race has made it harder for them to succeed for something. 

Racism has become a bigger debate in the past couple of years. About half of all Americans have said that racism is becoming a bigger problem. In the year 2008 almost 60% of all Americans thought that racism would lower, but instead it had just grown.

Racism caused many very violent rallies. Trumps new enrollment for president caused many Americans to say racial things against Muslims and Mexicans. These rallies are not the only ones that become violent. Big rallies based on black people getting shot by a white police officer also cause many violent rallies. Racism was a part of the past of this country's history and should no longer be brought back.

There a many more reasons why racism is such a big debate throughout America, but I just focused on 3 main reasons. All in all it has become a more severe problem than it has been in the years. It has torn the country apart because of it and people are more biased on who they should trust because of all the racial stereotypes. If America wants to be the country of freedom, then we need to reunite and get rid of racism.

De Pere Middle School

Kleveno Block 1

This group is for students in Block 1.