Matthew Georgia

Climate Change

When you burn fossil fuels, it creates methane, which taps in more heat than carbon dioxide.

Climate change is becoming a bigger problem and needs to be controlled. Making laws or restrictions can help reduce climate change. Scientists discovered increased concentrations of the greenhouse effect from human activity and burning fossil fuels, causing climate change. More than two trillion dollars were used on fossil fuels in 2010 and is still increasing.

Climate change can lead to global warming. The north and south parts of earth have ice caps that prevent the ocean level to rise. Scientists say that the polar ice caps are melting quickly, causing the water levels to change. This is important because global warming is going to create higher water levels and climate change is affecting the polar ice caps in a bad way.

America relies too much on fossil fuels, which is a main cause of climate change. Fossil fuels are two thirds of what Americans are using for energy. Natural resources that Americans use for energy are not unlimited, and eventually run out. Choosing a more environment a more environment safe energy source that doesn’t burn fossil fuels can reduce global warming.

If fossil fuels keep on being used, more pollution will increase the chances of climate changes. Making laws and restrictions to help climate change could help the problem. This issue should not be avoided.

Matthew                      

Creekland Middle School

Ms. Boyle's Class

Ms. Boyle's Class