Spencer H. Iowa

Black Lives Matter

I wrote about how I believe that blacks are mistreated and needed to be viewed as equal people.

My name is Spencer from Panorama Community School District and I believe that police brutality against blacks is a rising and major issue in the United States today.

Everyday I see a new case of where a black was killed or wrongly accused for something he or she didn’t do. They are often stereotyped to if they live in a run down or “hood” type of neighborhood that you are automatically related to gang and drug activity. This is wrong and it’s time to stop! There are several victims and eye witness accounts of blacks getting shot, beaten, or tasered to excess when they simply sat there and obeyed the law or made a simple everyday mistake like speeding or running a red light.

Some ways that I think you could do to help this problem is by making sure that the officers responsible are punished or stripped of their badge. We also need to make sure only good honest cops are in charge and don’t let the dirty cops slip by the system and get away with it. I think we need to better educate and get the point across to young cops in the police academy that if they don’t treat everyone the same regardless of their race that they will serve the consequences.

Thank you for reading this letter and I hope the police brutality subsides and fewer innocent blacks are being killed. Have a great day and thank you for all that you do.

Sincerely, Spencer